Reading Time: 2 minutes
Fay worked for BC Assessment (a Crown corporation, producing annual property assessments for all property owners in the BC province) as an appraiser for 11 years – during which she evaluated residential and commercial properties, ranging from single-family houses to vast land sized for use as a ski hill.
In 2018, She joined Trez Capital (one of the largest non-bank commercial mortgage lenders in Canada), as a Credit Risk and Underwriting associate. Fay developed solid knowledge in various loan types (construction, income-producing assets, inventory, and land) and underwrote over $200 million in debt and equity transactions of various property classes (multi-family, retail, office and industrial) during her tenure at Trez Capital.
Fay believes deeply in social responsibilities by giving back to the community. She currently serves as:
- Board of Director at Renfrew Park Community Association (2011 – Present)
- Captain of Block Watch (2016 – Present)
- Board of Director at Grandview Terrace Childcare Society (2017 – Present)
- Co-chair of Parents Advisory Councils at Queen Alexandra Elementary School (2018 – Present)
- Sponsorship Liaison for Commercial Real Estate Women Network, Vancouver Chapter (2020)
- The Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RIBC)
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW)
- The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- Bachelor of Science, Simon Fraser University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation, University of British Columbia
Hobbies & Interests
Travelling: Fay loves to travel. In 2010 she went on a round-the-world trip that spanned 21 countries for almost a year. One of the highlights of that trip was a 7000km hitchhiking journey that crisscrossed Turkey, Kurdistan Iraq, and Iran.
Meditation: Fay is a seasoned meditation practitioner. Her daily meditation grounds her to be present with every experience in life.
Back-country Adventure: Fay is a member of the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC (4WDABC). She advocates for public access to public land, off-road safety, and responsible enjoyment of our BC back-country.
- Language: English, Mandarin, Fuzhounese
- Website: http://faylin.ca/